Find Facebook friends
This feature allows to find people on Facebook, using different search criteria. Findings will appear under the People tab in the software. From there, you can review people that have been found and offer friendship to them
Before using this feature, please make sure you have the following:
- At least one validated Facebook account - this account will be used to search for people on Facebook. If you specify multiple accounts, the software will be able to use them in parallel.
How to use this feature
Go to Main menu->Wizards->Facebook and select the corresponding wizard there. Enter the number of people you need and the search method. The software support the following search methods:
- By keywords (using Search box) - this method is equivalent to entering the keyword into the Search box in the Facebook account, and then filtering search results by people only.
- By keywords (in published posts) - this is the same as searching for keywords like in the method above, but then filtering by the Public posts option in the Facebook search results. After that, the authors of the top published articles will be scraped.
- By parts of life - this one allows you to find people based on their profile information (Hometown, Current city, Schools, Job). It is possible to use special tokens that resolve to various properties of the account used to perform the search. These tokens are:
- From the "People you may know", suggested by Facebook based on profile details
- Likers and commenters - allows to find users who liked your wall posts or commented on them. This feature also allows to search for likers/commenters in the stories published on fan pages or groups timeline.
You will also need to specify one or more Facebook accounts that will be used to perform the search. Usually one account is enough, but if you specify multiple keywords in the search box or use tokens there - you may ask the software to distribute the search across many accounts in parallel.
If you specify destination campaign, people will be placed into that campaign, otherwise they will appear under Global campaign. You can learn more about Campaigns here
It is also possible to automatically offer friendship to the Facebook users that were found during this search. To do that, check the "Add friends" box of the wizard.
Finally, you can set the Schedule for this task. If left empty, the task will start immediately, as soon as you click "Finish" button. Otherwise, it will be scheduled to run at the time (or times) of your choice. This article covers scheduling feature in detail.